Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hiking in Springdale: Little Indian River Trail

I am so blessed to be surrounded by so much beauty here, and that it is all easily accessible to me by foot or on two wheels. Here are some photos from my walk along the eastern section of the Little Indian River Trail which is about a 10 minute walk from my place. Apparently if I had not gotten off course, and gone off the trail by accident, I would have come to a waterfall. That section of the trail will be for another day I suppose.

On the way to the trail head, I passed by this pretty spot on a residential street.

Beginning of the trail.
Boardwalk


To entertain myself, I decided that day I would look for mushrooms.
Even dead things can look pretty in the nature.



Unfortunately, I am really bad with names, and can't tell you what any of these  mushrooms are called. All I know is not to eat them. 




Flat ringed mushrooms.


A pastoral view which reminds me of the same serenity in Monet's  coquelicots  (poppy fields).

Same scene as from above, but with a landscape view. I wish I could download and execute the skill to paint and draw.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment