Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy discovery at the grocery store

Guess, what? I was so excited when I found a package of dried chow mein at the grocery store (Springdale, NL). I was really excited to try it, because the label of the package says the product is imported from Burnaby, BC, which means there is a high chance it will taste like authentic chow mein noodles. Although, the best chow mein noodles are the fresh kinds.


My homemade chow mein with stir fried veggies and bok choy on the side.
Unfortunately, the noodles puffed up, and was again no where near the original chow mein noodles.

I just came back from eating at a very authentic Chinese restaurant called "Noodles" here in Charlottetown, PE and am really excited to learn that there is a ethnic grocery store here where I can stock up before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment