Sunday, January 27, 2013

Newfie drinks: Blue star


5 Newfoundland big brands
Photo from Newfoundland Beer Brand History

Alright, so I'm not going to pretend I know anything about beer. Someone else has already written an entire post on the history of the top five Newfoundland beers. I merely wanted to document in this post that I have given into the "tourist" tendency and tried the the beer with the Newfoundland flag on it - the Blue Star. The guys at the bar did make fun of me, deducting right away I was not from around here, but oh well, it sparked some good conversation. After all, this year is all about collecting and exchanging stories.

PS The Blue Star was really light in taste, and that is as far as I can go in describing its taste with my unrefined taste buds.

Chilling with Annie in Stephenville, NL
and putting some physics knowledge in action at the pool table. 
 

1 comment: